Division 10 is looking for fellows!
Each year, Division 10 nominates scholars who have contributed to the field of aesthetics, creativity, and the arts at a national level. If you are not an APA Fellow and are interested in becoming a Fellow or nominating a colleague to be a Fellow, full information is available here:
You can also find useful information on applying here (PDF).
Criteria for Fellow Status (from the APA website):
- Doctoral degree based in part on a psychological dissertation.
- Prior status as a member for at least one year, and nomination by a division to which the member belongs.
- Active engagement in the advancement of psychology.
- Five years of acceptable postdoctoral experience.
- Evidence of unusual and outstanding contribution or performance in the field of psychology.
We should emphasize that candidates must have made important contributions to the area of our division—aesthetics, creativity, and the arts.
What you will need to apply:
- Your (or the nominee’s) Vita
- (brief) supporting documentation of your (or the nominee’s) contributions to the field of aesthetics, creativity, and the arts at a national level.
- Letters of support from APA Fellows. Note that the letter-writers do not specifically need to be a Fellow of Division 10. They should be Fellows of APA, but being a Fellow of another division is absolutely fine. A list of current Division 10 Fellows is available at http://www.div10.org/div10-fellows/.
This year’s deadline for submission for Division 10 review is December 20, 2023.
If you are an APA Fellow but are not a Fellow of Division 10, we simply need a brief statement about your contributions to the field and your CV, as well as an official request. Please submit these application materials directly to the Committee Chair, Zorana Ivcevic: email@example.com.