- Free subscription to Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts, Division 10’s quarterly Journal.
- Eligibility to receive the division’s awards, such as awards for research accomplishments by students (the Barron Award), early-career scholars (the Berlyne Award), and lifetime achievement (the Arnheim Award), as well as the Farnsworth Distinguished Service Award.
- Access to our e-mail listserv, a lively forum for interdisciplinary discussion of the arts, creativity, aesthetics, and psychology. The list service also posts timely announcements about conferences, books, job opportunities, and other programs of interest to Division 10 members. Once you have enrolled, you can join the listserv via the APA Listserv Website.
How to Join Division 10:
You do not need to be a member of APA (American Psychological Association) to join the Society for Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts.
You can join in two ways
- Online, via APA’s webpage, were you can join and pay electronically. This is the fastest option. (If you’re also an APA Member, select APA Member, If not, select Professional Affiliate)
- Old-school, via downloading and completing this membership form. (Adobe PDF format). Mail the completed form to: Division 10 Administrative Office, APA, 750 First Street N.E., Washington, D.C., 20002-4242.
Currently we offer three membership levels:
- Member-at-large (also called professional affiliate)
- Student Affiliate
Note: Member and Student member levels require an APA membership.
Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing of your application. Membership is based on calendar years, starting January 1.